Saturday, July 19, 2008

The McCrea's

I had the most wonderful evening on Thursday. Helen and Billy McCrea had me in their home for a meal of fresh Haddock and veggies (corn, potatoes and peppers....yum!) That was finished off with home-grown strawberries, short bread and cream. Hello!! Ummmmm.

After that, Helen and her 13 yr. old daughter, Elizabeth, showed me her beautiful flower and veg. garden. Then we moved over to a pen which was temporarily housing a little baby lamb that had hurt its foot. It was so cute. It was ready for a feeding and I did the honors with that little rascal finishing off the milk in about 2 minutes. Fortunately, I did not have to burb the wee fella.

Billy asked me if I wanted to go for a walk. As I looked at the sheep farm, which is home to about 400 sheep, I asked him how much land he had. He said that there is about 1200 acres to their farm. He works the place with his father and two teenaged sons, Duncan and Callum. Helen, Billy, Elizabeth and I took off on about a two mile hike up to a small platue area above their farm. It was so amazing. From the point we were able to see the outlying Hebrides. We could see in every direction for miles and miles. He jokingly said, when you can see the Hebrides that means it is going to rain; when you can't see them, it means it is raining. We could see them...and, yep, no sooner than we had started down it started raining! :) But, it was wonderful. We had the best time and a ton of laughter. Billy and Helen work with the youth...of which there aren't many...in the parish. Pray for them...they have the sweetest spirit and a huge heart for the Lord...I left there thinking that we had been friends all of our lives. They invited me back any time for another walk.

It rained all day yesterday with the clouds shrouding the mountains most of the day. The wind picked up in the evening and by this morning was howling and the rain was blowing side ways. And then about 10am, the wind shifted and the most amazing blue sky erupted from the clouds. I thought I would go out and walk. But, before I could get a sweatshirt on and a jacket, the clouds and returned and it started raining again :(. But guess what? Within 30 minutes, it was blue clouds again...it has been doing that all day. Right now it is clear. I am not holding my breath. The weather keeps you on your toes.

Well, my thirty minutes at the library is just about up. Thanks for your prayers. God is at work!

No comments: