Friday, September 5, 2008

Prayer Request

Some of you may know that Linda and I are seeking God's direction as to whether He wants for us to have a permanent position here in Scotland or not. What origninally seemed like an easy decision has turned out to be quite complicated. We certainly do not want to be here if it is not a part of God's plan for us. When it seems like to us He is saying, "Which ever you want to do is OK" are the times when it is most difficult to discern what His will is. I believe that God has a place where He wants us. I don't really believe that it is a toss-up and which ever way the coin falls is ok. But, it seems like that. I can see God using my gifts and calling, both here and stateside. I want more than anything for His will to be done...and I know that He will ultimately make that clear, for that is what He wants: me doing His will.

One of the bits of this puzzle is that I have a meeting with the Credentials Committee of the Church of Scotland on Wednesday, September 17th, at 10 am. If the C of S does not accept my credentials, the rest is a moot point. But, if they do approve me, that is when the fun begins.

Would you please pray that personal preferences do not get in our way. Though we don't even like to think about leaving family...including a new grandson, my 95 year old mother, our children, Linda's "ancient" parents (a family joke), siblings...and freinds, following God's direction is what we must do. We ask for discernment and peace. Our delight is in the Lord and we know that He will make clear His purpose.

I am putting together some more of the pictures taken during Linda's and her family's stay in Scotland. Will make every attempt to post them soon.

May each of your feel the warmth of God's embrace,
Robert

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dr. C, I just finally figured out how to get to your blog and you!!! How funny that it happens to be the day you say in your blog that you are meeting with the church. I know that you will know GOD'S will when it becomes clear. I can say that I REALLY MISS YOU!!! If you are there alot longer, I may be on the guest list.If you have time my e-mail is bonniewright@satx.rr.com. Love the pictures. I am going to trade them off as my screen saver. Now I'm crying!! love in christ, Bonnie