Sunday, June 29, 2008

A funny thing happened on the way to Scotland

Well, after a pretty rough start to my day...I had to pay an $80 overage on my luggage...things seemed to be going pretty well, until I got to Atlanta. I thought that I would have about 8 hours to rest in the Crown Club, but as it turned out, Delta did not send my luggage all the way through to Inverness. I had to walk about 2 miles, all total, to get my luggage and then to the British Airlines counter, which by the way was closed when I got there. I had about two hours to wait befor they opened at 1pm.

I did get to the club room and had a nice four hour stay which was very relaxing. They had good food and comfortable chairs. I got checked-in in good shape. It even looked better once on the plane. The plane was sold out, and yet I and another fellow had the middle seat empty between us. Amazing we commented to each other. And then a woman with a baby moved in behind us. You guessed it. This child screamed almost non-stop for six hours. By the time the baby finally wore himself out, I was so wired I couldn't sleep.

I was picked up at Inverness by our friend, Morag. When had lunch with a friend and then on to the manse. I slept for 13 hours and went to church this morning and then to an open air meeting this afternoon. I was asked to share my testimony and it was a joy to speak about the grace of God and the power of His salvation!

Tomorrow I will go to investigate the areas in which I will be preaching over the next two months.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dad,
I'm so glad that you are in Scotland and enjoying yourself. Keep the blogs coming! I am praying for you.

Love, Sarah